See, touch and feel the very latest in home, décor, design and lifestyle trends you will come to love.
Thursday, 29 August to Sunday, 1 September 2019
CTICC, Cape Town
The Expo will be open Thursday to Saturday from 10h00 to 19h00, and on Sunday from 10h00 to 18h00.
Adults pay R90, pensioners R70 and kids under 16 enter free. Tickets are available at the door, or from Quicket.
Themed Raw Comfort, the 24th Cape Town HOMEMAKERS Expo will take place from 29 August to 1 September 2019 at the CTICC. See, touch and feel the very latest in home, décor, design and lifestyle trends you will come to love.
Be treated to a comprehensive display of the top brands and local craftsmanship… all under one roof. Show highlights include INTERIOR spaces, d’VINE life, truly ARTISAN, OUTside, the home | tuis Theatre, the concrete WORKSHOP, the AV Emporium, The Kitchen as well the Design, Art and Textile Design ComPETition.
- At INTERIOR spaces, décor and design experts will create beautiful room settings, showing off bespoke décor, furniture and fabrics.
- Ever popular d’VINE life will again offer a selection of mouth-watering delights, local wines and handcrafted beer and gin.
- truly ARTISAN will showcase a collection of decorative handcraft and design, from handmade ceramics and leather goods to art and custom jewellery.
- Explore outdoor living ideas including patio furniture, homeware and entertainment to garden décor and tools at OUTside.
- Watch the experts in action at the home | tuis Theatre, where you’ll be inspired by hands-on DIY, home makeovers and cooking demonstrations.
- The Raw CONCRETE Theatre is a creative space where craftsmen and designers demonstrate the many uses of concrete in functional design. Offering hourly workshops, you will see how to make your most treasured items last a lifetime, create kitchen counter tops, and more.
- The AV Emporium will again offer the very latest in audio and visual technology, showcasing the best in digital infotainment and appliances.
- Our brand new feature area, The Kitchen, will offer an exciting programme of demonstrations by well-known chefs, baristas and flaring barmen. From delectable to dazzling, every minute will have you glued to your seat, wanting more.
- The Design, Art and Textile Design ComPETition, in association with Hill’s Pet Nutrition and Domestic Animal Rescue Group (DARG), will benefit pets less fortunate than our own and reward local designers with over R50 000 in prize money. The Design ComPETition is all about bespoke pet furniture such as designer beds, cat perches, multi-functional furniture and flat-packs for pet travel, to name a few. In the Art ComPETition, artists and designers will be given a basic wooden bed to create a one-of-a-kind design using paint, mosaic, collage, metal, pewter, or any other art medium. The Textile Design ComPETition will have fabric designers create gorgeous prints. Expo visitors will be invited to bid on their favourite design or artwork for their furry friend, with funds raised going to DARG.
The Cape Town HOMEMAKERS Expo is the perfect platform for home related artisans, manufacturers, specialists and knowledgeable experts to come face-to-face and make authentic connections with visitors. Whether a shopper, inspiration seeker or DIY enthusiast, it’s all about Raw Comfort!
Tickets are available at the door, or from Quicket. Adults pay R90, pensioners R70 and kids under 16 enter free. The Expo will be open Thursday to Saturday from 10h00 to 19h00, and on Sunday from 10h00 to 18h00.