Tuck into budget-friendly, wholesome meals in a family and pet-friendly restaurant that’s been serving good food since 2011.
Where is it?
Forest Glade House, Tokai Road, Tokai
Why go there?
You can eat a good meal for a great price every day of the week!
How much am I going to pay?
The specials vary, including two-for-one pasta dishes and two-for-one wood-fired pizzas, along with lunch specials for under R100 and a Sunday roast for R152. Plus, kids eat free with every adult ordering from the main menu.
When is it open?
Monday to Sunday from 12h00 to 22h00.
Is it pet-friendly?
Yes, you are welcome to sit at a table outside with your well behaved dog on a leash.
The Brasserie has been a favourite of mine for years! Why? Because it’s a cosy, family-friendly restaurant that has some really delicious deals. I love a good bargain as much as I love good food and wine!
I have been to The Brasserie for their Lunch Club and their Sunday Roast on numerous occasions and have never been disappointed. I can assure you, you won’t be either.
Here are their delicious deals:
DAILY EARLY-BIRD FAMILY DEAL
Order a main meal
and your child eats from the kiddies menu for FREE!
Available Monday to Sunday from 16h00 to 18h00.
TWO-FOR-ONE PIZZA MONDAYS
Buy any wood-fired pizza from their promo pizza menu and get the second pizza for FREE!
- Spicy roasted chicken with salsa rosso, fresh avo, mint and buttermilk
- Crispy bacon with fresh avo, chilli and rocket
- Four cheese bianco with portobello mushrooms, relish and micro herbs
- Peppered salami with bell peppers, olive oil and pea shoots
Every Monday from 16h00 to 22h00. Not available on public holidays.
TWO-FOR-ONE PASTA TUESDAYS
Buy any pasta from their promo pasta menu and get a second bowl of past for FREE!
Pasta dishes include:
- Spaghetti Bolognaise (special family recipe)
- Rigatoni Alfredo with pulled ham, forest mushrooms and cream
- Wood-fired lasagne served with a French salad
- Butternut Ravioli with a burnt butter sauce
Every Tuesday from 16h00-22h00. Not available on public holidays.
WEEKLY LUNCH SPECIALS
The weekly lunch specials have replaced their Lunch Club deal (darn, I loved that Lunch Club deal!) but the menus looks pretty good with excellent prices, so I will have to go give it try soon!
The menu changes weekly and dishes have included:
- Tomato and basil risotto with parmesan and olive oil (R49)
- Salmon pate with roasted baguette (R55)
- Garden vegetable and feta quiche served with a French salad (R58)
- Fish cakes with sweet apricot chilli jam, topped with fresh cucumber ribbons (R62)
- Chicken and mushroom pie with rocket and parmesan salad (R75)
- Beef or chicken burger with fries and a garnish (R90)
Available Mondays to Saturdays from 12h00 to 16h00.
Follow The Brasserie on Facebook to see what’s on the lunch special menu for that week.
SATURDAY STEAK NIGHT
All steaks on the menu are half price.
Every Saturday from 18h00 to 22h00.
Tuck into a wood-fired real roast with vegetable sides for only R152.
Every Sunday from 12h00 to 16h00.
NO CORKAGE FEE
As if those deals aren’t enough, The Brasserie also has a great corkage policy. You are welcome to take along your own bottle of wine and there is no corkage fee. However, if you take two, there’s a corkage fee of R50 for the second bottle. (Also, the no corkage fee doesn’t apply if you are having one of their special offers.)
Speaking of wine, they also have Happy Hour on Thursdays from 16h00 to 18h00.
So if you are looking for a budget-friendly, wholesome meal in a family and pet-friendly restaurant that’s been serving good food since 2011, then make a booking at The Brasserie, where you can eat a good meal for a great price every day of the week!
Published October 2019 | Own cost